This is tried and tested recipe for Belizean Style Rum Cake. Read on for the recipe!
Belize Rum Cake
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines yellow cake mix the kind that uses 1 bar of butter
- 1 small pkg of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Belizean Rum
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all the above in a bowl and beat 3 mins with a mixer.
- In a bundt cake pan melt 1/2 bar butter add 1/2 cup brown sugar to it.
- and scattered a few pecans on bottom of cake pan. Pour Cake mixture over top and bake about 35 mins at 350 degrees F.
- While the cake is baking, in a small saucepan put 1/2 cup of rum add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 bar of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar or white sugar, bring to a boil and remove from stove.
- When cake is baked, prick cake with a skewer and gently pour rum syrup over it. Allow to soak a few minutes before before turning over on serving plate.
Update: A Belize News Post reader tried our recipe and sent us some delicious pictures of the results. Amazing! Thank You Debra Milstead.